Here we go.
I think it is safe to say that the last weeks, maybe even
months, have been filled in moments, days, or multi - day stretches of feeling
overwhelmed. Quitting my job and moving
out of the house, saying good-bye to family and friends that I won’t get to see
for another year. Sorting, packing, and
cleaning. And perhaps the most difficult
overwhelming feeling for me was the decision making. The constant need to make decisions about
what goes where, how I will do or be when or with whom. Should I pack the breakable object with
newspaper, bubble wrap, cardboard?
Should we get the health insurance with this deductible or that one? Should I bring clothes I love so I am comfy
or clothes that I don’t really like so I can have no attachment?
Little decisions, yet -
Life change. No Job.
Moving. Grand Adventure.
Overwhelmed. In so
many different ways. But you know the
overwhelming feeling that brought tears to my eyes more often than the
rest? The overwhelming abundance of love
and support given to us these last months and weeks.
In my life, I feel I have continued to grow stronger in my
courage to take leaps of faith, to do what I feel pulled to do. I have the great fortune of having incredible
people who go above and beyond to help me strive towards the person and lessons
I want to be and have. I was born into
an amazing position in life of comfort, security, and an absurd amount of
relativesJ and friends to help me. And every step of the way that position has
just snowballed into more co-workers, friends, and family that deepen the
richness of my life and give me the courage to take the next leap of faith.
And this experience, this big step that was harder than all
the other moves I’ve made before, just brought those amazing relationships to
light. Money pouring in from all
different people when they heard the slightest hint of the word “fundraising”,
relatives seeking to visit me when they had the opportunity, friends showing up
after work to help load heavy furniture without even a text to remind them,
specially thought out blessings and cards to send us on our way.
Overwhelmed – by all of you and the love that everyone on
this earth should have the fortune to experience.
Today, overwhelmed with excitement to go shower the Bolivian
people with that gift of love and I am sure, to learn many lessons and
hopefully find some adventures along the way.
THANK YOU.
SO excited about your adventure and to blog-stalk you in the coming months!!!! besos y abrazos!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear more Katie!!! I'm thinking about you guys often!
ReplyDelete